Phone: (518) 674-5050
|Monday||11AM - 8PM|
|Tuesday||11AM - 8PM|
|Wednesday||11AM - 8PM|
|Thursday||11AM - 8PM|
|Friday||11AM - 6PM|
|Saturday||11AM - 4PM|
|Sunday||1PM - 4PM|
|Closed most||Federal Holiday|
|weekends.||Call for details.|
Search the Catalog!
Sand Lake Links
Email Notification & RSS
Click the button below to subscribe to this website using RSS:
Interested in Solar Energy? Have you noticed all the panels popping up on businesses and homes in the area? Join us Thursday August 28th at 6:00 PM for a discussion about solar energy, what it is, and learn about the process of community purchasing. The program will be given by Solarize Troy–a group of volunteer solar professionals, sustainability advocates and community organizers associated with Transition Troy. Check out their website here
Here’s what’s happening this week at Sand Lake Town Library!
Tuesday, August 5th, 5:30-7:00 PM–BEST Summer Reading Support. Help will be available from the BEST teachers for Algonquin Middle School students working on their summer reading projects.
Wednesday, August 6th, 2:00-3:00 PM–Kitchen Science: Cook up some experiments using basic kitchen ingredients. Ages 6+
Wednesday, August 6th, 7:00 PM–Book Club meeting to discuss Three Junes by Julia Glass
Thursday, August 7th, 11:15 AM–Storytime with Miss MaryMargaret
The Sand Lake Town Library has the following New York Times Best Sellers (Aug 3, 2014) in our collection. You can request them on-line or by phone. Under Library Links (at left) you can click on “New Items” to see what else we’ve added in the last 30 days.
- 1. The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
- 2. The Heist by Daniel Silva O/O
- 4. Cut and Thrust by Stuart Woods
- 5. Invisible by James Patterson and David Ellis O/O
- 6. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- 7. The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
- 8. Top Secret Twenty-One by Janet Evanovich (+Audio)
- 10. Mr Mercedes by Stephen King (+Audio & LP)
- 11. Power Play by Catherine Coulter (& LP)
- 13. Written in my Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon (+Audio)
- 14. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- 15. All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner
- 16. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd (+LP & Audio)
- 1. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- 5. Hard Choices by Hillary Rodham Clinton
- 6. One Nation by Ben Carson with Candy Carson O/O
- 7. Capital in the Twenty First Century by Thomas Piketty
- 8. Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
- 9. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
- 11. I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai with Christina Lamb
- 12. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg with Nell Scovell
- 13 Flash Boys by Michael Lewis
- 16. Finding Me by Michelle Knight with Michelle Burford (+Audio)
O/O = on order
The Clark Art Institute museum pass is back for the 2014 season! The pass admits two adults to the museum. Children under 18 are free.
We also have two MiSci (The Museum of Science and Technology) passes. One pass admits 2 adults and 2 children to the museum and planetarium.
We also have one pass to the Albany Institute of History and Art which admits four people to the museum.
The passes are available on a first come, first served basis. They can be checked out for a 3 day period. Call the library to check on availability.
If anyone would like to sponsor a pass to a specific institution, please contact the library at 674-5050 for more information.